Monday 28 October 2013

Initial plans for my magazine

My music magazine will be based around the Alternative and Indie rock genre focusing on artist that fit into that genre of music for this reason I need to look at the market and plan the first steps for my magazine planning certain content that will feature in my magazine and other issues such as price and issue size.

Price:£2.50
I am intending to set my price around £2.50 because I think that it is a relatively cheap price for the magazine which is important because my target audience will be younger people so my magazine will need to be affordable especially if I am planning on releasing the magazine weekly to maintain a loyal customer support and to ensure people keep buying the magazine at a reasonable price.

Frequency: Weekly.
I intend to release my magazine weekly as do most music magazines the reason being is so that I can release regular content.

Average Issue size:
My issue size will be roughly around 80 pages more than my competition NME meaning that my readers can get more content weekly.

Regular Content:
My regular content will feature up to date information about the charts in the genre of music that I am focussing on alternative/indie rock. I will also have regular content looking at bands latest gigs and performances as well editors sections for specific journalist to have their own columns.

Feature Articles:

  • Interview with bands/artists
  • Gig schedules
  • Concert reviews
  • Festival line ups.
  • Album charts. 
  • Arctic Monkeys interview on Finsbury. 
  • Music news.
  • Mercury music awards review.
  • Alternatice music history icons 
  • Up and coming acts.

No comments:

Post a Comment